Saturday, February 20, 2010

Update 02/19/2010

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for you faithful prayers and words of encouragement. I know that I say this over and over again, but you have no idea of what they mean to us. You may think that you're just doing small kind gesture like sending a note in the mail but you have no idea how your act of love and kindness becomes so much more. God's perfect timing in the delivery of that note is unbelievable. So many times we have had a day that we are just tired and drained and your words written with truth and love just carry us through. The same goes for your prayers. When the Holy Spirit brings us to mind and you pray, we feel them, every single one of them. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

This week one of my very good friends had her precious little baby. I was surprised to get the phone call last Monday morning hearing that baby Kate had arrived and two weeks early. Oh how my heart rejoiced. My friend was two weeks a head of me. We were so excited to be pregnant together and still was, but I know the diagnosis that was given to my baby did change things. So, to my dear friend, I just want to thank you for your love and support that you've given and continue to give. I know that this has not been easy on you for one minute. I know that it placed an extra burden on you during a time when you didn't need it along with additional fear for your own baby that you were caring. I love you and am so happy for you and your family. Please tell your sweet little Kate that just because she's an early bird doesn't mean her little friend is coming two weeks early too. =) It was great getting to hold little Kate in my arms and just start off the week with seeing and holding the gift of new life that God gives. Thank you for allowing us to share this with you!!!

And just like that, the week continued on a good note even with my doctor's appointment yesterday. Nothing has changed diagnosis wise. The baby still had a good strong heartbeat, I'm growing and am right on track. But the doctor sat down and looked at me and said "congratulations, on Sunday, you'll be full term. I honestly didn't think you'd make it this far." All I could say was thank you God for this miracle...it's ALL HIM!!! (I almost started crying) He said "I can't change anything with the diagnosis, so that is still out there, but you've made it farther than I had thought and you are full term and could have this baby at anytime". I asked him if he could stop saying that I was full term until I finished cleaning my house. I really need to get that done. He said that if it made me feel better that he'd refrain from saying those words to me until I give him the go ahead...so maybe in a week or two I'll allow him to say those wonderful words, but until then...I've got work to do. Haha.

After the doctor's appointment I called my mom and shared the news with her. I told her about the little miracle that God has given us. I think that she is really ready to meet her grandchild because she asked me what time she should show up at my house to help clean...hmmm...it leaves me with the question, does she want to help or does she think that once my house is clean then this baby will come? Thank you mom for your steadfast support, never doubting and being so strong through this journey. Thank you for pushing me to keep my focus on God, His Word and His promises. It means more than you know. I love you.

Before I close, I want to share a thought with you. Above I wrote about telling my mom about the "little miracle" God has given by allowing me to make it to full term. After I said that to her, it made me wonder should I have really said that? Does God really do little miracles or are they all big because they are a miracle and only God can give them? I still don't know the answer to that one, but making it to full term is a HUGE miracle...not a small one like I said. God is so faithful and His love for us is more than we could ever know.

Only three more weeks to go. In my heart, I really feel that I will be very close to my due date. If I go a couple of days late, I will be perfectly content and at peace with that. (If that day comes early, I may have a hard time adjusting to this idea and it may throw me into a state of panic). I know God's timing is perfect...this is all in God's hands and I'm at peace with that. There is no better place to be.

Thank you again for everything. Love, Kristin

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 ;)

2 comments:

  1. Jon and Kristin,

    What a major blessing - full term! I am so excited for you and sweet baby LeVan! Like your Mom, I can't wait to meet and hold our little angel!

    Love you BIG!
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-hoo! FULL TERM...I'm saying it, even if your house isn't clean! :) If having a clean house will make the baby come early, I'm sure there are lots of people who would grab a Swiffer and toilet brush and head over! What exciting news! God is truly blessing you throughout this whole experience, and am so excited to see what else God has in store for you three! Love you! ~Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete